Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT STEPS FOR REOPENING:
1) Public parks and open spaces remain open for use per existing protocols. On Monday, May 18, Governor Baker is expected to announce the statewide framework by which we will evaluate our services and facilities for possible reopening.
2) Working within that framework, Lincoln public health officials will determine WHEN and HOW our services and facilities will reopen for use AND what public health protocols will be in followed. This will require careful consideration, coordination and planning to ensure we move forward safely.
3) If given permission to reopen a program or facility, the Parks and Recreation Committee will determine the implementation of health protocols, and department staff will communicate those protocols to participants. We have already begun to consider changes to the operation of our summer camp, pool, courts, ballfields and playgrounds based on nationally recommended guidelines.
4) Once openn programs and facilities will be continually reevaluated for safety.
5) Public health protocols may dictate the sudden closure of a program or facility under certain conditions, at which time participants would be refunded proportionally. Financial assistance is available for Lincoln residents and school families. Find our online applications HERE.
So the bottom line is, aside from our parks and open spaces, recreation facilities and programs REMAIN CLOSED until we notify you otherwise. Please check our website often for updates, and we appreciate your cooperation!