The Town of Lincoln is committed to providing exceptional service to our residents, and a welcoming, professional, collaborative and inclusive workplace for our employees. Human Resources oversees services and policies that provide critical support to all staff and help establish this culture of excellence and equity.
Our services are administered by the four departments listed below, who coordinate to provide them in a comprehensive and efficient manner. Contact information is provided on the right side of this page.
SUMMER 2023 NEWSLETTER
Page 1 – Issue at a Glance / Calendar
Page 2 - Welcome to the Team
Page 7 – Staff Promotions
Page 9 – Canine Corner
Page 10 – Human Resources
Page 11 - Staff Training
Page 12 - Employee Wellness
Page 13 – MIIA Member Portal
Page 14 - Great Work!
Page 15 – SDIC
Page 16 – SCRUFI Summer Events
Page 17 - Join SCRUFI
Town Administrator's Office
Charged with the overall administration of the Human Resources program, we focus on the hiring process, employee education, training and management, and resolving employment related concerns. Non-Union employee policies and benefits are covered in the Employee Handbook. Union employees should reach out directly to their Union Representative to receive a copy of their Union Agreement. Staff should feel welcome to reach out to our office with any concerns or whenever support is needed and we will assist. Our services include:
- Overall Questions and Concerns / Employee Relations
- Employment Advertising, Recruitment and Onboarding.
- Employee Wages and Salaries Administration
- Developing and Implementing Personnel Policies / Employee Handbook
- FMLA and Other Employee Leave Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collective Bargaining
- Workers' Compensation / Police & Fire Medical Administration
- Managing Personnel Records
Treasurer / Collector's Office
We oversee all aspects of employee benefits, including health insurance, payroll and tax benefit options and retirement benefit planning. We are always happy to meet with employees one-on-one to answer questions and provide assistance. Our services include:
- Benefits Administration for Town and School Employees and Retirees
- Unemployment Benefits
- Employment Verification
- Employee Wellness Program
- Address and Benefit Changes
We process biweekly payroll and track employee accrued time off, including vacation, sick, personal and holiday time, and prepare year-end employee tax documents. We work directly with department heads to ensure employee compensation is accurate and on time. Our services include:
- Payroll Administration
- Employee Benefit Accruals
- Creation of Employee W2 Forms
Regardless of your responsibilities with the Town, technology plays an important role in your work. The IT department sets employees up with everything from phone to email, hardware to software. Please reach out when you need assistance:
- Employee Technology Onboarding, Offboarding and Support.