The Lincoln Conservation Department and Lincoln Land Conservation Trust host a "Conservation Coffee" the first Thursday of every month on Zoom. During these ~1 hour meetings, Conservation and LLCT staff share recent updates and information about upcoming events. We often have a guest speaker who presents on a local conservation topic. Past topics have included the jellyfish of Walden Pond, wildlife at Farrar Pond, Conservation Department Land Management tactics, the geology of Fairhaven Bay, and others. Please email email@example.com if you would like to get on the email list for notifications.
Upcoming Conservation Coffee:
The next Conservation Coffee will be held in October. Land management staff will provide updates and photos from this year's conservation projects. See here for a flyer and Zoom link.
Past Conservation Coffee Recordings:
- July 2021 - "Mammals at Farrar Pond" with Ron McAdow
- October 2021 - "Jellyfish of Walden Pond"
- December 2021 - "The History of Mt. Misery" with Ron McAdow
- January 2022 - "American Chestnuts in Lincoln" with Mark Meehl
- February 2022 - "Farrington Nature Linc" with Wendy Matusovich
- April 2022 - "The Walden Woods Project" with Kathi Anderson
- May 2022 - "Spotted Lanternfly" with Jennifer Forman-Orth
- September 2022 - "Lincoln Water Department Overview" with Water Superintendent Darin LaFalam
Tuesday Trail Walks
Conservation Department staff lead trail walks in the Spring and Fall to various conservation areas. Our Fall Walk Series starts in September! Join Conservation staff for weekly walks at various conservation parcels. See our flyer for the walk schedule and sign up links.
Our Land Steward/Ranger Will Leona will be leading a Saturday morning trail walk on the first Saturday of every month at various conservation parcels. Sign up here!