Lincoln features approximately 80 miles of trails on 2,400 acres of conservation land and private property. These trails, fields, streams and forests represent generous gifts from earlier generations for all of us to enjoy. Many trails allow a variety of uses - you may encounter walkers, runners, horses, dogs, bicyclists, skiers, birders, snowshoers, or farmers using equipment. We ask that you to familiarize yourself with Lincoln’s Trail Use Rules and Regulations. Please download our Trail User’s Guide to Lincoln Conservation Land which summarizes the trail rules, trail etiquette, and resources to help you navigate the trail system.
The Lincoln Conservation Department works closely with the Land Conservation Trust to protect and manage this trail network for the enjoyment of its many users.
Please observe the following Regulations while using Lincoln’s trails:
Group Activities and Special Land Use Permits
A Group Use or Land Use Permit Application for conservation land or trails is required for the following situations:
- a group of ten (10) or more people
- a group of five (5) or more unrelated bikers
- a group of five (5) or more horseback riders
- certain activities which are normally prohibited (requires a "land use" permit)
- commercial use or other use not addressed in the “Regulations for Use of Lincoln Conservation Land”
Apply for a group use permit using the following link: https://tinyurl.com/GroupUsePermit-Lincoln
Use of trails and conservation areas owned and managed by LLCT and the Town of Lincoln is at your own risk. Neither the Town of Lincoln, LLCT, nor private landowners assume any liability for injuries to persons or damage to property while on Lincoln’s trails or conservation areas. Failure to comply with the above guidelines may constitute trespassing, result in fines, or the revocation by the owner of permission for public use.
Fines: Any person violating these regulations shall be liable to the Town in the amount of $50.00 for the first violation and $100.00 for each subsequent violation.
TRAIL MARKERS AND MAPS
Trails are marked with yellow blazes, with lettered and numbered intersections in many locations. Lincoln’s trail map ($10) as well as LLCT’s book ‘A Guide to Conservation Land in Lincoln’ ($18) can be purchased at the LLCT office (145 Lincoln Road). The trail map can also be viewed online at: www.lincolnconservation.org/explore-our-properties/trails/.
Maps for Mobile Devices
To access all of Lincoln’s trails through the OuterSpatial mobile app (free to download to mobile devices):
- Download the OuterSpatial App.
- Once on OuterSpatial, click “Explore” at the bottom and the program will zoom to your current location.
- The blue dot will show you your real time location on Lincoln’s trail system!
- To re-open OuterSpatial during a hike, simply follow the steps above and click the arrow bottom in the upper right corner to show your location. The app will use GPS to find you again and show where you are. This works even without cell service.
See a problem on the trail?
If you see a tree down along a trail or other issue, please take a screenshot of your location and email it to email@example.com. Show enough information for staff to figure out the location (e.g. nearby street and/or trail intersection #). Also be sure to include a description of the problem and your approximate location in your email.